Tragedy: Man Electrocuted While Sleeping with His Charging Phone in Port Harcourt

What a Tragedy!!!   I learnt that a young man identified as Barisuka lost his life after he got electrocuted while charging his phone in his home in Port Harcourt, Rivers state on Monday, March 9th.

The tragic incident was revealed by a friend of the deceased identified as Emmanuel Alagiri Jnr who shared the story online. Alagiri disclosed that the deceased who is his neighbor was charging his phone, placed it on his body and slept off. It was later discovered that he was electrocuted in the process.

 Emmanuel wrote:

 “Avoid putting phone on your body when charging. He was electrocuted. This one happened in my yard at port Harcourt, the black wounded spot on his hand is the place where the electric current tore. I can’t stop crying, it so ridiculously and unbelievable that you were electrocuted by leakage USB cable when charging your phone, it seems to me that its manipulation. But it real that you were shocked by your USB charger. RIP My brother my talking mate”

Please let’s avoid this costly tragedy against all odds. No matter how drowsy you might be and addicted you might be, Avoid the following;

  1. Sleeping with your phone close to your body because of radiations
  2. Answering Phone calls while charging your Phone because of explosion
  3. Keeping your charging phone close to your body because of electrocution
Comments
Advertisements

  1. So sad, Nigeria don’t learn from other people mistakes, this shouldn’t be happening all the time. RIP bro.

Leave a Reply