The Kaduna State Government has announced the appointment of the dethroned Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II into the Board of KADIPA in its Investment Promotion Agency.
It has turned out that the dethronement of the former Emir of Kano was actually a blessing in disguise despite all the mockery he received on social media and publicity.
Sir Kashim Ibrahim in his statement said Governor Nasir El-Rufai approved the reconstitution of the Board of KADIPA which was established in 2015. KADIPA has led the investment drive of the state and anchored the implementation of the Ease of Doing Business Charter that earned Kaduna State World Bank recognition as the Number One place for doing business in Nigeria.
Muyiwa Adekeye, the special adviser to the governor in his statement on media and publicity said; “Malam Nasir El-Rufai has appointed His Highness, Muhammad Sanusi II into the board of KADIPA. The appointment is part of the reconstitution of the board of KADIPA, which is statutorily chaired by the Deputy Governor, and has as internal members senior officials of the Kaduna State Government.”
“Governor El-Rufai said that Kaduna State hopes to benefit from the profile, experience, intellect and networks of His Highness, Muhammad Sanusi, who before becoming Emir, had built a solid reputation in global financial circles. Malam Nasir El-Rufai said that Kaduna State is honored to be able to call on the services of a man of such caliber to drive its development.”
The Governor also said that he is confident that the new board, which includes the most senior officers of the state will further propel KADIPA to greater success in attracting investments to Kaduna State. He disclosed that the external members have been carefully chosen to further reinforce the investment credentials of the state.
The new Board of KADIPA has the following members:
1. Her Excellency, Dr. Hadiza Balarabe Chairman
2. His Highness, Muhammadu Sanusi II Vice-Chairman
3. Balarabe Abbas Lawal, Secretary to the State Government
4. Bariatu Y. Mohammed, Head of Service
5. Jimi Lawal, Senior Adviser-Counsellor
6. Aisha Dikko, Attorney-General of Kaduna State
7. Idris Nyam, Commissioner, Business, Innovation & Technology
8. Fausat Ibikunle, Commissioner, Housing & Urban Development
9. Thomas Gyang, Commissioner, Planning & Budget Commission
10. Farida Dankaka, KACCIMA
11. Amal Hassan, Private Sector
12. Hafiz Bayero, MD, Kaduna Markets Development Company
13. Altine Jibrin, Director-General, KADGIS
14. Umma Aboki, Executive Secretary, KADIPA
“Malam Nasir El-Rufai has expressed his gratitude to members of the reconstituted Board of KADIPA for agreeing to serve.”