The unusual emergence of a 40years old unusual Guy as the Chief Executive Officer superintending the unique State of Kogi from LUGARD HOUSE, Lokoja was a stunner. Yahaya Adoza Bello was in every mold different from the pack, having been in Politics for less than two years before he became the Governor of the Confluence State of Kogi, and that reality set the stage for an unusual protocol in governance.
Born on the 18th day of June, 1975 and sworn into office as the Executive Governor of Kogi State on the 27th day of January, 2016, the Youngman popularly referred to as GYB an acronym for Governor Yahaya Bello, is a true leader of men/women, a patriot and a credible manager of resources.
Vilified, lampooned, hated and castigated by the political establishment on account of his unusual emergence on our political kaleidoscope, GYB refused to join issues with his traducers but to silence his critics through unequaled service delivery. Harassed and harangued by Godfathers, he chose silence deciding to endear himself to all through responsible and responsive leadership. And troubled by career politicians at home and across the nation, he chose hard work over propaganda, and that is the enigma called GYB.
Understanding the enormous challenge on him being one of the foremost Youths in leadership, he refused to deploy propaganda in the discharge of his watch over Kogi State, but to speak through profound service delivery, and here we present the 21 things that qualify GYB for higher office, indeed the 21 REASONS GYB STANDS OUT.
- GYB inherited a State that was largely divided on ethnic, religious and cultural grounds, but undeterred he chose to unite his people indiscriminate of the multi-ethnic, multi-lingual, multi-religious, and multi-cultural tendencies of the State. The Igalas, Igbiras, Okuns, Owore, Owe et al found in this enigma a worthy son. This he did by locating infrastructures across the State, appointing the best hands indiscriminate of ethnic or religious differences, and being a Muslim he is the first Governor to build a CHAPEL for Christian worship in the Government House. GYB believes that though tongues, faith and tribes may differ that Kogi State is ONE. And he will replicate same in higher office.
- GYB has made Kogi the safest State in the North Central and indeed the entire North through the proactive cooperation of his government with all the layers of National Security and indeed the setting up of a very effective Kogi State Vigilante Service. The records are visible, that being the Confluence State and the doorway to the South from the North and vice versa, Kogi State today has the least tale of violent crimes, kidnappings and banditry, thanks to the Astute watch of GYB Governor Yahaya Bello (GIVE YOUR BEST), the one who GIVES HIS BEST.
- GYB is a bridge builder, he has seamlessly integrated both the OLD and the YOUNG in the governance of the State, little wonder Kogi has become a spectacle in peaceful coexistence. Nigeria has got something coming from this Youngman.
- GYB is an unblemished Patriot, he has in an uncommon way shown how doggedly he loves his people, Kogi State and indeed Nigeria by insisting that we interrogate the COVID19 pandemic, and stop the now prevalent copy and post approach to the scourge. He has spoken boldly against another possible lockdown of the economy because ‘we must first live to fight a disease’. And Kogi State has apparently remained COVID19 free because of the unusual approach of the State to the pandemic. GYB is a leader that thinks outside the Box, and a patriot per excellence, he is indeed one largely deserving of higher office.
- GYB inherited months of backlog of unpaid salaries in his first term for which he was largely lampooned, vilified, hated and castigated, but rather than fight or disparage his critics, he went to work, today Kogi State does not owe a worker, and today KOGI STATE effectively pays her pensioners.
- GYB’s State of Kogi leads the chart of States that has serviced and reduced her Local debts; indeed the Debt Management Office has it on record that Kogi State has recently reduced its local debts by a whooping 51Billion, and the State next on the Chart by about 20billion. The silent Achiever Governor Yahaya Bello has GOT YOUR BACK and he wants to do the same for Nigeria.
- GYB’s Kogi State led the pack in the total resources that accrued to the Nation during the last COVID19 lockdown because Kogi State maintained very minimal lockdown, and remains the State with the least COVID19 mention. GYB is a study in leadership, and a course in proactive and progressive service delivery. THINK GYB FOR NIGERIA.
This expose’ on the Youngman whose acronym GYB stands for GOT YOUR BACK, GIVE YOUR BEST and GROW YOUR BASE is the story of a leader with passion, competency and capacity, and one deserving of the trust of higher office.
TO BE CONTINUED.
Chabor Musa Nyamgul Jnr.
Convener GOT YOUR BACK NIGERIA (GYB NIGERIA).
5G might expose Nigeria to “eavesdropping, tracking, cyber-attacks, military and industrial espionage” – NSA
The office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) has expressed its fear with the deployment of 5th Generation (5G) technology in the country.
Bala Fakandu, director of communications in NSA who appeared before the senate committee on communications on Thursday February 25, said they are concerned about the deliberate vulnerabilities and backdoors within the 5G network equipment, which according to him might expose Nigeria to “eavesdropping, tracking, cyber-attacks, military and industrial espionage and other malicious activities by foreign actors.”
Fakandu also asked the ministry of communications and digital economy to carry them along in the formulation of the policy that would guide the use of 5G in the country.
“We are concerned about the deliberate vulnerabilities and backdoors within the 5G network equipment.
“That is one of the key concerns we have and this will make the infrastructure highly susceptible to eavesdropping, tracking, cyber-attacks, military and industrial espionage and other malicious activities by foreign actors.
“We understand these are things that will be put in place particularly in the policy the minister has talked about.
“I need to emphasise it so that the stakeholders in the telecommunications industry will understand where we are coming from because the national security concerns is the concern of the office of the national security adviser and of the president as well.”
WTO: The Hon. Speaker of Ndigbo Youth Parliament (NYP) Congratulates Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
The Hon. Speaker of Ndigbo Youth Parliament (NYP), Rt. Hon. Rikki Chinedu Nwajiofor, has congratulated Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala on her recent appointment as the DG of WTO.
The Speaker who took to his Twitter handle said;
“@NOIweala Ndigbo Youth Parliament (NYP), heartily, felicitates with You on your appointment as the DG of WTO. It’s an appointment well deserved! Ndigbo Youths, worldwide, are proud of you! Continue to soar higher as we pray for more feathers on your highly feathered cap!
Addressing the press, after his tweet, Rikki Nwajiofor praised Ngozi okonjo-iweala for her outstanding personality and unequalled performances in all her careers and appointments. He addressed her as the doyenne of modern economists, an outstanding Igbo personality and a role model for the girl-child in Igbo land and the world at large.
— Ndigbo Youth Parliament – NYP (@ndigboyouth) February 19, 2021
“We, Ndigbo Youth Parliament and Ndigbo at large are proud of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. She has always done us proud right from her days in the world bank, down to Nigeria as the Finance Minister and now the DG of World Trade Organization – WTO.
“She has broken the records as the first woman and the first African to attain that prestigious position. It is not a height attained by a sudden flight, it’s a height attained by unparalleled track records of all her outstanding performances in her career and appointments.
“She is simply a doyenne of modern economists, an outstanding Igbo personality, an exceptional woman of valour, a trailblazer and a role model for the girl-child in Igbo land and the world at large.
Rikki Nwajiofor also appreciated President Buhari for the unflinching support he gave Okonjo-Iweala all through the process of selection. He said that this singular act of support has demonstrated that Buhari is not an enemy of Ndigbo.
“I thank all those who supported our doyenne – Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala all through the process of the selection. I appreciate, in a special way, President Buhari for lending his unalloyed support to the prestigious daughter of Ndigbo during the period of selection.
“This singular act of unalloyed support to our doyenne has demonstrated that President Buhari is not an enemy of Ndigbo.
“I also want to use this opportunity to plead with President Buhari to consider more of patriotic Ndigbo personalities, especially Ndigbo Youth, as he makes further appointments in his government. Ndigbo are resourceful personalities and will always strive to prove their worth and ingenuity when given the opportunity”, he said.
A single “YES” can obliterate the effects of a thousand “NO”- Rt. Hon. Rikki Nwajiofor, Cmi.
“Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.”
— William James.
One of the facts about life is that “depression is real”. Most times, depression doesn’t set in as a result of poverty or not having enough. There are so many happy and joyous poor people around the world.
Depression creeps in, most times, as a result of discouragement orchestrated by unsuccessful plans/ideas/projects/goals/proposals.
Whenever one is demoralized, the walls of optimism are shattered as sadness and melancholy are activated. The activated sad mood breeds inner-insecurity, which leads to depression. As it were, the presence of depression gives no room for any creative ideas or development neither does it allow positive energy to thrive. Success is attracted by positive energy and optimism.
Thus, do your best to shut the door against depression and its siblings – discouragement and inner-insecurity. Open your doors to optimism and positive energy. When your requests meet with “NO”, never be discouraged. Continue, resiliently, because the “YES” you seek for might just be some meters away. A single “YES” can obliterate the effects of a thousand “NO”.
Keep pushing, there is light at the end of the tunnel. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving”, says Albert Einstein. Success is sure, for those with strong willpower!
“I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.”
— Stephen Covey.
#Be Optimistic & Resilient!
#Believe in Yourself & Your God!
#Be Safe & Cautious!
Rt. Hon. Rikki Nwajiofor, Cmi.
Speaker, Ndigbo Youth Parliament (NYP).
- Hot News5 days ago
Omoyele Sowore appears in court with a Native Doctor in Abuja (photos)
- Security2 days ago
Nigerian soldier and girlfriend arrested while supplying ammunition and uniform to bandits – Zamfara Government
- Hot News5 days ago
EFCC arraigns Dutch couple and company for $330,000 oil vessel fraud (photos)
- Hot News4 days ago
Reunion ceremony of 279 abducted students in Jangebe turns bloody, 2 injured and 1 killed
- Hot News2 days ago
Domak group offers June Wisse Secondary School Scholarship, NAPS partners with Domak