Recall, sometime last week we hinted you on the 21 Reasons Governor Yahaya Bello ‘GYB’ Stands Out (Part 1). Obviously, the good works of his administration are visible to the blind and resounding to the deaf; In recognition of his outstanding Leadership style, he was awarded the Best Governor of the year by Aluta Media Limited a popular News platform that focuses on the general welfare of the Civil Society Organizations.
The curiosity that greeted the first part of this series on the glowing stride of an unusual 45 years old who superintends the Confluence State of Kogi from LUGARD HOUSE, Lokoja is profound.
The Young man in Kogi is not one who will fix a road and spend half the said amount in Commissioning the Road. He believes in hard work over propaganda. His strides are Olympic and his commitment to good governance incredible, and that is the enigma called GYB.
Follow me as we present the second Part of the 21 things that qualify Governor Yahaya Bello GYB for higher office, indeed GYB STANDS OUT.
8. Are you aware that in 2017/2018 whilst the media was awash with heavy criticism of GYB and whilst the many political Godfathers that be deployed the Press against him, The World Bank rated Kogi State as one of the 9States in the Country that successfully reduced unemployment. Facts are sacred.
9. Are you aware that Kogi is not only the safest State in the North, Kogi is the second safest in the nation after the State of Osun. And Kogi has one of the most effective Vigilante Service that at some point have rescued kidnapped Police Officers. GYB has put a lie to the tale of Governors not being effective as Chief Security Officers of their States, having not only shown capacity and competency, GYB has made the Confluence State that shares border with almost 7 states the safest in the North, and the second safest in Nigeria. That’s the enigma called GYB.
10. Are you aware that cited in Kogi State is the third biggest Rice Mill in Nigeria built by GYB and functional. A very great stride that others will spend almost the equivalent in publicity, but with GYB service delivery is the way to go.
11. Do you know that GYB has built numerous skill acquisition centres across the three Geopolitical/Senatorial zones of Kogi, and that fully trained young men and women are given support capital, and that is why the World Bank MDG rating has Kogi amongst the best in Nigeria.
12. Whilst other States are busy profligately spending the Covid19 States Intervention and Support Fund, Kogi State is far gone in building one of the biggest medical facilities in Africa. To GYB “Even though I have my firm reservations on the Covid19 pandemic, I have decided to spend the Covid19 funds in building the biggest medical facility in this part of the world in Kogi, so that I shall have no cause to travel for medical tourism now or in the future.” That is the enigma called GYB.
13. GYB patriotically mobilized the Federal Government and His fellow Governors into a NO SHUT DOWN of the Economy in the wake of the second phase of the Covid19 pandemic. He has maintained that until the Covid19 pandemic is dispassionately interrogated, we cannot afford another LOCK DOWN of the economy. How more patriotic can a leader be?
14. Kogi State is an example of proactive Youth competency and capacity in governance. GYB with a cabinet of average age of 46 has ensured a safe, effective and prosperous Kogi.
You are at liberty to interrogate these fact, as we believe that the enigma fondly called GYB is fit, able and qualified for higher office.
TO BE CONTINUED…
Chabor Musa Nyamgul Jnr.
Convener GOT YOUR BACK NIGERIA (GYB NIGERIA).
you might want to check this out:
5G might expose Nigeria to “eavesdropping, tracking, cyber-attacks, military and industrial espionage” – NSA
The office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) has expressed its fear with the deployment of 5th Generation (5G) technology in the country.
Bala Fakandu, director of communications in NSA who appeared before the senate committee on communications on Thursday February 25, said they are concerned about the deliberate vulnerabilities and backdoors within the 5G network equipment, which according to him might expose Nigeria to “eavesdropping, tracking, cyber-attacks, military and industrial espionage and other malicious activities by foreign actors.”
Fakandu also asked the ministry of communications and digital economy to carry them along in the formulation of the policy that would guide the use of 5G in the country.
“We are concerned about the deliberate vulnerabilities and backdoors within the 5G network equipment.
“That is one of the key concerns we have and this will make the infrastructure highly susceptible to eavesdropping, tracking, cyber-attacks, military and industrial espionage and other malicious activities by foreign actors.
“We understand these are things that will be put in place particularly in the policy the minister has talked about.
“I need to emphasise it so that the stakeholders in the telecommunications industry will understand where we are coming from because the national security concerns is the concern of the office of the national security adviser and of the president as well.”
WTO: The Hon. Speaker of Ndigbo Youth Parliament (NYP) Congratulates Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
The Hon. Speaker of Ndigbo Youth Parliament (NYP), Rt. Hon. Rikki Chinedu Nwajiofor, has congratulated Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala on her recent appointment as the DG of WTO.
The Speaker who took to his Twitter handle said;
“@NOIweala Ndigbo Youth Parliament (NYP), heartily, felicitates with You on your appointment as the DG of WTO. It’s an appointment well deserved! Ndigbo Youths, worldwide, are proud of you! Continue to soar higher as we pray for more feathers on your highly feathered cap!
Addressing the press, after his tweet, Rikki Nwajiofor praised Ngozi okonjo-iweala for her outstanding personality and unequalled performances in all her careers and appointments. He addressed her as the doyenne of modern economists, an outstanding Igbo personality and a role model for the girl-child in Igbo land and the world at large.
— Ndigbo Youth Parliament – NYP (@ndigboyouth) February 19, 2021
“We, Ndigbo Youth Parliament and Ndigbo at large are proud of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. She has always done us proud right from her days in the world bank, down to Nigeria as the Finance Minister and now the DG of World Trade Organization – WTO.
“She has broken the records as the first woman and the first African to attain that prestigious position. It is not a height attained by a sudden flight, it’s a height attained by unparalleled track records of all her outstanding performances in her career and appointments.
“She is simply a doyenne of modern economists, an outstanding Igbo personality, an exceptional woman of valour, a trailblazer and a role model for the girl-child in Igbo land and the world at large.
Rikki Nwajiofor also appreciated President Buhari for the unflinching support he gave Okonjo-Iweala all through the process of selection. He said that this singular act of support has demonstrated that Buhari is not an enemy of Ndigbo.
“I thank all those who supported our doyenne – Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala all through the process of the selection. I appreciate, in a special way, President Buhari for lending his unalloyed support to the prestigious daughter of Ndigbo during the period of selection.
“This singular act of unalloyed support to our doyenne has demonstrated that President Buhari is not an enemy of Ndigbo.
“I also want to use this opportunity to plead with President Buhari to consider more of patriotic Ndigbo personalities, especially Ndigbo Youth, as he makes further appointments in his government. Ndigbo are resourceful personalities and will always strive to prove their worth and ingenuity when given the opportunity”, he said.
NLC set to shutdown CAC Operations from Wednesday
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) have resolved to mobilize the strength of the Nigeria workforce to picket the National Headquarters of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) at the expiration of 14 days ultimatum’ effective from Wednesday, February 24-26, 2021.
According to communiqué signed by Comrade Ayuba Waba NLC President, Comrade Emmanuel Ugboaja General Secretary and made available to Aluta News in Abuja on Sunday
They Apex body of the Nigeria Labour Unions has berated the management of CAC for an attempt to kill unionism in the establishment through punitive transfer of trade Union executive,withholding of workers salaries and refusal to remit statutory deductions.
The NLC also frowned at the anti-labour practices by Alhaji Garba Abubakar Registrar General of the CAC
Recalled that the National body of AUPCTRE led by Comrade Benjamin Anthony had made frantic effort to dialogue with CAC management but failed
The CAC RG has ignored every avenue of dialogue and peaceful resolution provided by AUPCTRE which eventually led to the Apex body taking over the dispute with the hope of having amicable resolution’ but also yielded no result because the CAC RG continue to remain adamant and firm with his alleged tyrannical agenda!!
According to Aluta news, the branch Union, among other issues, accused CAC management of unilaterally restricting staff vacancies against the recommendations of the committee on the commission’s oganogram, and particularly expressed disgust at the “unjustified barring of certain categories of staff from writing promotion examination”.
It also accused management of stopping all staff loans, hasty, draconian and unilateral decision making leadership style, and denial of 2019 promotion arrears to deserving workers.
It also accused management of stopping salaries of workers even before queries were issued, at the peak of COVID-19 pandemic.
Instead of addressing the Union grievances the Registrar General CAC transferred all the 25 executive and members of the Union to a new station.
Sensitization, mobilization currently ongoing in all branches of AUPCTRE and others affiliates of NLC toward ensuring a successful picketing of CAC National Headquarters.
- Hot News5 days ago
Omoyele Sowore appears in court with a Native Doctor in Abuja (photos)
- Security2 days ago
Nigerian soldier and girlfriend arrested while supplying ammunition and uniform to bandits – Zamfara Government
- Hot News5 days ago
EFCC arraigns Dutch couple and company for $330,000 oil vessel fraud (photos)
- Hot News4 days ago
Reunion ceremony of 279 abducted students in Jangebe turns bloody, 2 injured and 1 killed
- Hot News2 days ago
Domak group offers June Wisse Secondary School Scholarship, NAPS partners with Domak