Connect with us

#EndSARS

CSO Urges #EndSARS Protesters to End protests or risk Backlash

Published

on

the Press Conference

CSO tells #EndSARS protesters to end protests or risk backlash

The Coalition of Civil Society Organisation (CSO) for Good Governance has appeal to #EndSARS protesters to end the protest now that the ovation is at its loudest.

According to Aluta News, The group made the appeal during a press conference in Abuja on Sunday

Comrade Olayemi Success, Chief Convener of the coalition, said that the appeal is in response to the continued #EndSARS protest in Nigeria despite the fact that the five point demands had been accepted and approved by the federal government

‘I want to be a police officer to fight corruption’- boy in ‘mummy calm down’ video

2 Men Hacked themselves to Death over Woman

NYCC-19 Sets up Structures in States for Better Results

NAF Opens Investigation Into Flying Officer’s Death, Two Suspects Arrested

House of Reps Probes North East Development Commission Over the Misappropriation of ‘₦100 Billion in 1 year

Wikipedia Lists Nigeria Among the “Failed States”

Tertiary Institutions in Lagos State to Re-open on September 14th – Governor Sanwo-Olu

“The entertainment industry must be allowed to gradually get back in business!!”- #Falz

NYCCOVID-19 Begins Nation-Wide Training for Nigerian Youth to access CBN – NIRSAL Bank N10 Million Naira Loan

Effective Youth Engagement in Electoral Process Amidst Covid-19

He said that indicators show that the protest has been hijacked by vested interests hence the latest violent trend resulting to loss of manhour due to deliberate road blocks by the protesters

The Convener said that the protesters may loss credibility and acceptability of well meaning Nigerians if the protest persisted and therefore reminded them to understand that their right to protest ended where others’ right to enjoy peaceful atmosphere, devoid of road blocks, commences.

The group also appealed for urgent resolution of Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) issues with the Federal Government so that students could go back to school

They emphasised that idle minds were devil’s workshop, and regretted that 70% of the protesters are students and being used by vested interests for their selfish purposes.

The Convener commended the Inspector-General of Police, the Nigeria Police Force and other security agencies for their professional conduct in managing the protest.

Comrade Success appealed to Nigerians to continuously give the much needed support and cooperation to the Nigeria Police Force to enable the force attain its mandate of securing lives and properties

He emphasized that the security agencies deserved the support and appreciation of the citizens as they had discharged their responsibilities creditably.

Gistflash reports that the protesters have taken to the streets, press and government, among other demands, disband the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) unit of the Nigeria Police Force.

They also demanded for reforms of the police force.

The Inspector General of Police, Muhammad Adamu, had since disbanded the force, with President Muhammadu Buhari saying that more reforms were on the way toward a better police force.

The protestors have, however, continued the protests in spite of the response, forcing many Nigerians to suspect that they were nursing a secret deadly agenda.

when it started, the major demands were
1. Immediate release of all protesters
2.Justice for all decease victims of police brutality and compensation

3. Setting up of independent body to oversee the investigation and prosecution of all report of police misconduct

4. Psychological evaluation and retraining of all disbanded SARS officers before redeployment
5.Increase police salary so that the can be adequately compensated for protecting lives and properties of citizens

The Federal government had approved the five demands and directed state government to set up panel of enquiries towards addressing them

Comments
Please follow and like us:

#EndSARS

Enact anti-open grazing law or face mass protests worse than #EndSARS – NYP Speaker tells S/East Governors

Published

on

The Honorable Speaker of Ndigbo Youth Parliament (NYP), Rt. Hon. Rikki Nwajiofor, bemoans the incessant attacks and killings of innocent Ndigbo in their own ancestral home by suspected armed herdsmen.

In his press statement made available to media houses on Saturday morning, Rikki Nwajiofor condemned the unabated attacks and killings going on in Igbo speaking states, orchestrated by the suspected armed herdsmen.

“I condemn, in its entirety, the incessant attacks of the armed herdsmen in Igbo speaking states and Nigeria at large. These unabated attacks often result to gruesome murder and heartless maiming of innocent citizens in their ancestral homes. Helpless farmers are murdered in their farms and innocent citizens are sent to early graves while in their sleep. This is highly condemnable and can no longer be condoned.”

The Hon. Speaker of Ndigbo Youth Parliament went further to commiserate with the families of the innocent citizens that were slain in Nsukka and Ebonyi state, respectively, by suspected herdsmen. He berated the Governor of Enugu state for his utter silence in the presence of such a heinous act in his state.

“I wish to condole with the families of all those who lost their lives in the hands of the enemies of peace – the armed herdsmen. Such a bereavement comes with excruciating pain and the scars left behind are indelible. We ask the Almighty God to heal the wounds in your heart and grant you the fortitude to bear the irreparable losses as we hope that the souls of the slain will find rest in the bosom of the Lord.

“It is quite heartrending that those we elected to lead us and watch over us, as the Chief Security Officers of our states, have abandoned us to our fate. It is quite appalling and inhumane for the Governor of Enugu state, Rt. Hon. Ugwuanyi, to keep mute in the presence of such heinous act perpetrated in his state and worst still in his Nsukka homestead. How do we explain this? What is the silence for? Is he not perturbed by the devilish activities of these heartless armed herdsmen? This is a clear indication that Enugu state is helpless, security-wise.”

Rt. Hon. Nwajiofor stated that Ndigbo Youths can no longer fold their arms and watch intruders invade their ancestral homes to murder their people.

“I wish to let the world know that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Ndigbo Youth are not weaklings neither are we cowards. We are simply Youths of honour who believe in the sanctity of human life and in the sacrosanct nature of human blood. However, you cannot beat a child and ask him not to cry. You cannot push a man to the wall and expect him not to bounce back. It is only a tree that knows it will be cut down and it still stands where it is planted, without doing anything. Ndigbo Youth can no longer fold our arms and watch marauders invade our ancestral homes and murder our people, unabated. No ethnic group has a monopoly of violence! It will no longer be condoned!

“Since our elected political elites have sold their birthrights and consciences for a plate of porridge, seeking political recognition for 2023 and abandoned us to our fate, we shall take our fate in our hands and defend ourselves by all means. We have been law abiding and have been working assiduously for the unity of this Nation but all we get in return is utter marginalization and unwarranted attacks by armed herdsmen. Our farmers can no longer go to farms as the armed herdsmen have taken over our farmlands, forcefully. It is time to resist and uproot the marauders and enemies of a peaceful Nigeria.

“Nigeria does not belong to a particular set of people; Nigeria belongs to all of us and no one can subdue Ndigbo Youth. No one can sit on our heads and balance well. If our elected government cannot save our lives, we shall save our lives in our own way!”

Hon. Rikki Nwajiofor concluded by giving ultimatum to the Governors and the State House of Assembly in all the Igbo speaking states to urgently enact Anti open grazing law or face mass protests from Ndigbo Youths. According to the Hon. Speaker, the protest will be worse than End SARS protest.

“Ndigbo Youth are giving all the Governors, and the state house of Assembly, of all the Igbo speaking states an ultimatum to urgently enact Anti Open Grazing Law in their various states. This ultimatum has a time frame of 3 months. If in the next 3 months there is no enacted law prohibiting open grazing in all the Igbo speaking states, there will be a heavy protest by all Ndigbo Youth across the states. This time, the protest will be more demanding and worse than End SARS protest.

“Failure to enact a law prohibiting open grazing will be a clear indication to Ndigbo Youth that you all have sold us out and no longer care for the safety of our lives and the lives of our parents. In that case, we shall be left with no option than to take laws into our hands. Do not dare the Youth any longer; ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!”

Comments

Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

#EndSARS

Police arrest comedian, Mr Macaroni, 23 others at Lekki tollgate, seize protesters’ phones

Published

on

Police Has Began Brutalizing #Occupylekki Protesters, beat and arrested about 23 Protesters so far.

Gistflash gathered that no fewer than 23 protesters have been arrested by security operatives at the Lekki toll gate.one of the coordinators of #OccupyLekkiTollgate has said.

Kunle Ajayi told our correspondent that the protesters were detained in a black maria and are about to be taken to an unknown location.

According to Eyewitnessgist, the popular comedian, Debo Adebayo, also known as Mr Macaroni and about 22 others have been arrested at the Lekki toll gate.

Gistflash gathered that the comedian who joined other protesters at the tollgate to express his dissatisfaction with the decision of the Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry allowing the Lekki Concession Company to reopen the Lekki tollgate on Saturday, was arrested after the police told him “we don’t want you here”.

In a Live Instagram before his phone and those of other arrested protesters were seized, the comedian lamented that “Lekki is under military rule.”

He said, “How did you think the reopening of tollgate is the next line of action? If you didn’t do that today, we won’t have a right to be here.

“It is a disrespect to say that you want to reopen at this tollgate. Are you spitting on the graves of the dead?

“Na military regime we dey? We also have a right to be heard. We have a right to protest peacefully.”


Another protester, Joseph Seye, said, “I am an artist. I am not a criminal. I came here to protest. It is my right. It is not a crime to protest. Why are the government treating youths this way?”

No fewer than 23 protesters have been arrested during the ongoing protest at the Lekki toll gate on Saturday.

The Federal Government and the police had earlier warned youths who planned to protest at the Lekki tollgate on Saturday (today) to have a rethink and shelve the protest.

The other group, #DefendLagos withdrew from the protest, noting that it was in accordance with the government’s directives that no protest should hold.

The #EndSARS Season 2 and #OccupyLekkiTollgate said their action was informed by the decision of the Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry allowing the Lekki Concession Company to reopen the Lekki tollgate.










Comments
Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

#EndSARS

#EndSARS: Nigerian Army disbands legal team investigating Lekki Tollgate Shooting after more evidences shows up

Published

on

The Nigerian Army has disbanded its legal team and also pulled out of investigative hearing of the Lagos State Judicial Panel investigating the shooting of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Tollgate on October 20, 2020.

Making the announcement on Saturday January 30 after more evidences backed claims of Nigerian soldiers shooting peaceful protesters at the tollgate, a member of the army counsel, S.N. Agwhe notified the Panel of Akinlolu Kehinde, head of the army legal team submitting a memo about the disbandment.

Agwhe said;

“We do not have any further mandate to represent the army in any subsequent proceedings.”

The panel chairman Doris Okuwobi who commented on the development warned the Nigerian army that they can’t claim denial of fair hearing when the panel submits its findings to the government.

This is however coming after Doctor at Reddington Hospital testified to treating victims from the #EndSARS protest with bullet wounds on October 20, 21 and 22.

Also Read:

Dr Babajide Lawson disclosed that the hospital witnessed a ‘mass casualty’ that overwhelmed their facilities because a lot of people with varying degrees of gunshot wounds were being brought into the hospital for treatment on October 20 and days after it.

Comments

Please follow and like us:
Continue Reading

Let’s keep you updated

Advertisement

Instagram

Recent Tweets

Trending

error

We know you enjoy our storylines. Please spread the word to your friends :)

%d bloggers like this:
Enable Notifications    OK No thanks